Saturday, October 20, 2012

5 Hours In

I can't believe it has been 5 hours since I started working on my comic. It's not as far along as I would like it to be, due to my total graphic handicap. But it has also been deeply difficult just figuring out what the story is going to be about. The hardest part, of course, is seeing an image in my head and not being able to articulate it visually into a sketch. It would be much easier, I suppose, if I could actually draw. But for me, it's not really about that. I simply want to do this just to enjoy and appreciate the process. You can't really appreciate something you love until you fully understand how it came into fruition; Caress its bones and sample its flesh. I totally appreciate comic artists even more now that I have more of an understanding of what goes into putting it all together.

I passed the damn near passed out stage by forgetting to eat breakfast, having to go straight into lunch mode. Learned my lesson the hard way as usual. Now I'm going to take a tea break and stretch my limbs. You can't just sit hunched over a desk for 5 hours and not walk around. The next thing you know, you stand and your face hits the floor. Not a pleasant image. Doing my best to keep it from occurring.

15 pages conceptualized, with draft sketches. Some more graphically gifted people would dispute my use of the word sketches LOL!! Pages 16 & 17 will be my splash. I'm halfway there on the story board.




Forging on...

~LRNL

No comments:

Post a Comment